Enrich your IT Management Experience with the ITIL Certification
IT service management serves as the backbone for businesses across the world; and a certification in IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) enables you to provide world class IT services to these businesses and maximize value. ITIL has been developed in recognition of every business’s growing dependency on IT. It is a consistent and comprehensive study of globally accepted practices for IT service management.
Global Teq offers ITIL programs that transform even the most demanding course in IT solutions into one that you can ace with ease! Our courses are designed to help you secure the globally recognized certifications in your first attempt. With a choice of delivery modes, training for ITIL just became more convenient.
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a certification managed by AXELOS, an organization dedicated to nurturing best practice communities across various industries. It provides guidance on how to use IT as a tool to facilitate business change and growth. A certification in ITIL demonstrates your abilities to adopt and adapt IT framework to address the specific needs of an organization. That’s why it has been adopted by numerous organizations across the world including NASA, Microsoft and HSBC.
ITIL has five levels of certification
- ITIL Foundation
- ITIL Practitioner
- ITIL Intermediate
- ITIL Expert
- ITIL Master
Each certification awards you with credits, which will make you eligible for the next level.
ITIL is a demanding course. Opt for it if
- You wish to learn how to enhance the quality of IT service management within your organization
- You’re aspiring to take up the role of operations manager, IT manager, system administrator’s, quality analyst, database administrator or higher
- You wish to be a part of an elite community of global ITIL practitioners
The ITIL Foundation is the entry level qualification which offers a general awareness of the key elements, concepts, and terminology used in the ITIL Service Lifecycle. It also includes links between Lifecycle stages, processes used, and their contribution to Service Management practices. There are no eligibility criteria for ITIL Foundation – it is open to any professional who is interested in the subject. To get certified in ITIL Foundation level, you will need to appear for a MCQ format exam and score at least 65% in 60 minutes.
ITIL Practitioner offers practical guidance on how to apply ITIL best practices to support an organization. It is worth 3 credit points towards the ITIL Expert qualification, and is not a prerequisite to take up the ITIL Intermediate level examination. To take up the ITIL Practitioner exam, you must hold an ITIL Foundation certificate. It is an open book exam composed of multiple choice questions based on a scenario.
ITIL Intermediate level is a modular structure (Service Lifecycle and Service Capability) with each module providing insight of different IT Service Management. You can take as few or as many Intermediate qualifications as you need. Although it is not mandatory, it is recommended that you have prior exposure to basic concepts in IT and at least two years’ professional experience working in IT Service Management before undertaking any of the ITIL Intermediary modules. However, it is mandatory that you attend a professional training at one of the ITIL Accredited Training Organizations to take the exam.
To be eligible for the ITIL Expert certification, you must:
- Hold the ITIL Foundation certificate or a Bridge certification equivalent
- Have earned a minimum total of 17 credits from the Foundation, Practitioner, and Intermediate modules
- Qualify in the Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) module to achieve a total of 22 credits, which is the minimum requirement for ITIL Expert level
If you qualify in the ITIL Expert level, you are eligible for the ITIL Master Level.
To be eligible for the ITIL Master Qualification, you must:
- Have reached the ITIL Expert level; and
- Have worked in IT service management for at least five years in leadership, managerial, or higher management advisory levels
Global Teq Advantage
Global Teq offers specialized training for theFoundation and Practitioner levels of ITIL training. The courseware has been developed by ITIL experts to help you clear the exams in the first attempt. The trainers are skilled and experienced in mentoring IT professionals from different industries.
Case-study based approach is adopted to help emphasise core concepts of the course. Varying difficulty levels of mock tests and assignments help you assess your learning. By the end of the training, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations, and Continual Service Improvement. You will also learn to apply ITIL tools, techniques and concepts to improve efficiency of the ITSM processes.
Classes are conducted in different training modes to suit your convenience – online, live sessions, and classroom based. Now you can train for your IT management exam without taking a break from your work.
- Experienced trainers
- Well-developed course structure
- Access to mock tests
- Extensive study materials
- Flexible training modes
- Dedicated pre and post training support
• Learn about IT Service Management best practices, generic concepts, key principles, and ITIL 2011 process models that are required to clear the ITIL Foundation exam
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of the purpose, objective and scope of service strategy, service design, service transition, service operations, and continual service improvement
• Learn how to apply ITIL tools, techniques, and concepts to improve efficiency and effectiveness in business changes to optimize customer experience
• Understand how to apply lean principles and automate standard tasks, and improve efficiency of ITSM processes
• Save costs by centralizing activities and teams using well defined fit-for-purpose and fit-for-use processes
• IT Managers/Support teams
• System Administrators/Analysts
• Operations Managers
• Database Administrators
• Service Delivery Professionals
• Quality Analysts
• Application Management team/Development team
• Process Owners/Practitioners
Step 1: Appear for ITIL Foundation exam after completing the training
Step 2: Score 65% in 60 minutes [i.e. 26 answers out of 40 questions]
Step 3: Earn two ITIL credits on successful completion of ITIL Foundation exam
To get recognized in ITIL, you need to achieve ITIL certification through a recognized exam center. There are several levels to ITIL certification, and which one you aim to reach will depend on your current career level and your aspirations for the future.
For companies wishing to adopt ITIL, the route tends to be slightly different. The biggest decision is deciding if ITIL is right for you, and that requires an investment of time, collecting, and reviewing information from the marketplace.
The majority of people that consider ITIL as a qualification do so for career and personal development reasons. Often, this is driven by a change of job or career, where you notice that to get to the top of the CV pile, you need to have an extra qualification like ITIL (even if you have been involved in service management successfully for many years without it). In many advertised positions ITIL has become a prerequisite.
The majority of companies that implement ITIL also encourage their employees to take the exams. If your staff has accredited ITIL qualifications, then you can present your company as using ITIL. This works particularly well where you tender for or supply to any large IT organizations or outsourcing companies.
• Service Strategy – Guidance on defining the types and levels of service that you wish to provide to your users and/or your customers
• Service Design – Guidance to shape the way in which your service strategy will become a reality
• Service Transition – Guidance on the implementation of these services and moving from the previous state to the new state
• Service Operation – Guidance on the day to day management and measurement of your services
• Continual Service Improvement – Guidance on how to periodically review your portfolio of services to ensure that they are as good as they can be and still of value you to your clients
In addition, ITIL is supported by a comprehensive qualifications scheme, accredited training organizations, and implementation and assessment tools.
For Foundation level you can, as the ITIL manuals contain pretty much everything you need. However it is hard work, and often your own interpretation of ITIL may be different. If you are working on a shoestring budget, then this may be the only option for you. But with all the extra study involved, your time may be better spent learning using an accredited course.
For the intermediate or diploma levels it is compulsory to attend an accredited training course.
In the event that you failed an examination, you can take part in another examination session, which is subject to a re-sit fee. This does not necessarily have to be at the same examination center.
There is no limit to the number of times you can retake the examination.
Exam pass rates are much higher for delegates who have sat an accredited training course. You should consider potential re-sit costs when choosing the most appropriate training route.